Beyond the game: Giving Tuesday Now

by | Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Today is a particularly special day for our communities. May 5 marks the newly named Giving Tuesday Now. The day was created to bring together nonprofits, communities, small businesses and more to provide a unified day of giving in the wake of the coronavirus crisis. It's a day to support those on the front lines and give back to essential workers who are ensuring we have what we need.  Giving Tuesday Now represents a global action for giving and unity against COVID-19 and reminds us we are all on the same team working together to flatten the curve and fight this pandemic. 

We are living in a world of uncertainty and unchartered waters. Our touchpoints with sports have changed, we are keeping our distance from our friends and family, essential workers fight an invisible enemy every day and every time we turn on the news, it’s not exactly reassuring. But one thing remains the same — we are all in this together. It is during this time that we need to lean into our community, friends and family to support one another as a team. 

Today is a particularly special day for our communities. May 5 marks the newly named Giving Tuesday Now. The day was created to bring together nonprofits, communities, small businesses and more to provide a unified day of giving in the wake of the coronavirus crisis. It’s a day to support those on the front lines and give back to essential workers who are ensuring we have what we need.  Giving Tuesday Now represents a global action for giving and unity against COVID-19 and reminds us we are all on the same team working together to flatten the curve and fight this pandemic. 

At Knight Eady, our brand promise is “we believe in sports.” Yes, it’s true, we do love sports, but there is a deeper meaning behind the phrase. We believe sports have the power to change lives. There are thousands of professional athletes and foundations using sports as a platform for change. Whether it is a professional athlete spreading awareness of a cause they are passionate about or an organization working to provide soccer fields and equipment to those who don’t have them, sports can be the catalyst for making an impactful difference in lives and communities. 

At Knight Eady, we have the unique opportunity to walk alongside some of those nonprofits making a difference through sports. We have seen first hand the effect a successful fundraising campaign with targeted strategy and creative can have on an organization and consequently the communities they work to improve. We work with our clients in a variety of ways to help service their nonprofit, event management, strategy and creative needs. While we offer a long list of services, we work with foundations to build a scope of services that best suits their needs and meets their goals. We want to help foundations grow their fundraising and awareness so the mission of the foundation and programs can continue to be successful. In other words, we want to be their teammate to help reach their goals. 

That’s why today, on Giving Tuesday Now, we’ve highlighted several nonprofits in our community working diligently to create a positive impact during the COVID-19 epidemic. We hope, through our shared belief in sports, we can make a difference for these organizations today.

Community Foundation

The Community Foundation is our philanthropic partner for the 2021 Huntsville Championship. The Community Foundation is currently trying to raise $500,000 in emergency funds to support its partners who are providing basic needs and health and wellness relief to the Huntsville area. To learn more or give click here.

 

The Lutzie 43 Foundation

The Lutzie 43 Foundation is hosting a Giving Tuesday Now fundraiser to provide gas cards to essential workers in Georgia and Alabama. The foundation has had to cancel some of its largest fundraisers due the COVID-19 so while 75 percent of all funds raised will go towards the gas cards, the other 25 percent will go towards supporting the Lutzie 43 Foundation’s mission to end distracted and impaired driving accidents. To help Lutzie 43 reach their goal of raising $7,000 today, click here

 

United Way of Birmingham

Want to help during this time of uncertainty in a tangible way? The United Way of Birmingham is looking for volunteers. Through their Meals on Wheels program, the United Way is delivering meals to home-bound seniors. To register to volunteer or learn more about other COVID-19 volunteer opportunities, please click here

If you would like to learn more about the organizations above make sure to visit their websites linked in their descriptions. Interested in the nonprofit services Knight Eady provides? Please email me, Katie Stotts, stotts@knighteady.com for more information.