Under the supervision of the President of Knight Eady, this position will be responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the HomeTown Lenders Championship. The position will also be in charge of working with the PGA TOUR and The Ledges to make sure the tournament works at peak efficiency and provides a high-quality experience for all stakeholders as well as growing the event each year.
Tournament Director Responsibilities:
- This role serves as the Tournament CEO in charge of all tournament operations including volunteer recruitment/management, vendor management, staff management, and all other aspects required to operate the tournament.
- Work directly with the Korn Ferry Tour Rules and Operations teams to ensure all on-site needs and requests are met.
- Serve as the liaison between the Tournament and the title sponsor, HomeTown Lenders.
- Serve as a liaison between the HomeTown Lenders Championship and the PGA TOUR including bi-weekly calls consisting of financial updates on both the revenue and expenses of the tournament.
- Serve as the main liaison between the Tournament and The Ledges ensuring the relationship is mutually beneficial for all parties.
- Serve as the main liaison between the Tournament and the city of Huntsville.
- Facilitate bi-weekly meetings with the President to discuss tournament budget, accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash flow projections.
- Work directly with the sales and development team to nurture relationships in the community that grows revenue for both corporate sponsorships, hospitality and pro-am sales. Support the fulfillment of sponsorship inventory through the Tournament.
- Work directly with the strategy and creative at Knight Eady to ensure they are supporting the tournament per their scope of work.
- Oversee financial statements like balance sheets, invoices, accounts payable and accounts receivable for the tournament.
- This position will consist of nontraditional work hours that will exceed the normal 40-hour work week.
- 5 + years of experience in event management and operations. Golf-specific experience is a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have strong leadership skills.
- Ideal candidates will have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- We have an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration and leadership. The ability to take feedback and contribute to the process is a must.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently internally and externally.
Annual Salary Compensation – $65,000 – $80,000
- Participation in company profit-sharing program
- Knight Eady will provide IRS mileage rate for all staff travel in personal vehicles and reimbursement of all staff travel, lodging, and other travel-related expenses.
- Knight Eady will provide Apple MacBook Pro Laptop or iMac for company use.
- Vacation is not limited but subject to written approval
- $750 insurance stipend per month
- $75 per month toward cell phone
- Up to 4% matching into company-provided 401K plan