ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EVENTS
This position, under the supervision of the Vice President of Events and Director of Events, will support Knight Eady gymnastics-related clients and events, in addition to assisting with the entire portfolio of Knight Eady clients and events. This includes helping with the oversight and execution of clients and events, in addition to supporting the operational needs of the organization as a whole.
- Recruit JO Gymnastics clubs and vendors for Elevate Huntsville and Toledo events.
- Recruit and coordinate judges onsite for all gymnastics events.
- Serve as a liaison for NCAA, PAC 12, SEC and Big 10 participating teams and coaches.
- Maintain working knowledge of various sport rules, regulations, and best practices for operating events under the guidance of different sports governing bodies including the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), United States of America Gymnastics (USAG), etc.
- Oversee the planning and execution of events as assigned to include, but not limited to, pre-event meetings, development of event manuals or information packets, coordination of Knight Eady staff and resources, set up and breakdown of the facility, coordination of event staff, and emergency preparedness to include medical staff and procedures.
- Develop organizational processes necessary to ensure all event operations areas are addressed and executed including parking, credentialing, ticketing, security, and other roles as assigned.
- Coordinate with internal staff along with external transportation and logistics vendors to ensure that all necessary events-related supplies and equipment are transported or shipped to venues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the organization and management of all rented or purchased Knight Eady equipment, supply inventory, and storage areas.
- Support the fiscal efficiency efforts of Knight Eady by monitoring and overseeing event budgets as assigned as well as demonstrating ethical and efficient spending of day-to-day organizational funds.
- Promote the revenue generation work of Knight Eady by supporting new and existing business development functions including proposals, sponsorship sales, ticket sales, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated experience in sporting event management or other fast-paced environments that would translate to sporting event management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Working knowledge of the sport of gymnastics and its governing agencies.
- Interested candidates should be prepared to demonstrate their ability to utilize independent judgment and discretion in the planning and execution of sporting events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift objects over 35 pounds.
This is a full-time position and will be compensated with a competitive salary and benefits package based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.