Know Before You Go: Elevate the Stage 2019
It is that time of year again! NCAA gymnastics season is well underway, and it is almost time for Elevate the Stage 2019. I could not be more excited! Over the past few months I’ve written about my love for gymnastics and our event’s partnership with the Collegiate Gymnastics Growth Initiative (CGGI) but now I have to tell you all about being on-site at Elevate the Stage. We’re getting closer and closer to these incredible podium competitions and these are some things to know before you go!
For the first time ever, Elevate the Stage will bring you both Friday and Saturday NCAA sessions during our event weekends, and all NCAA sessions, in both Toledo and Birmingham, will be packed with some must-see competition.
- In Toledo, we will be featuring all ten teams from the Big Ten Conference. This meet will bring the conference’s regularly scheduled Big Five meets under one roof for the first time, and will ultimately seed the teams for their conference championship. I expect the energy to be as high as the stakes on this weekend. Ticket links are below.
- In Birmingham, we welcome a unique Friday night quad-meet between top teams from the SEC and the Big Ten Conference. It will be a great preview before these teams head into their respective conference championships. The following night, for the fifth straight year, we will host The Iron Bowl of gymnastics. Saturday night will feature - what may be the hottest ticket of the regular season - an epic battle between a fiery Auburn team and an undefeated Elevate the Stage record for Alabama to defend. Ticket links are below.
- For each NCAA meet, the venue doors will open at 5:30 PM for ticketed guests. Come early to watch the student-athletes warm up. Introductions will start at 7:00 PM with the first routine of the night to come shortly thereafter!
Junior Olympic and Xcel athletes, get ready to compete on podium! Our Elevate the Stage events provide gymnasts of all ages and levels the chance to compete on the same podium as their NCAA idols.
- For every youth competitor in attendance, Elevate the Stage donates $1 back to the Collegiate Gymnastics Growth Initiative - so thank you for your support of the meet and, in turn, the growth of our sport!
Elevate the Stage is an event for the whole family! It will be a fun, exciting and competitive weekend for athletes and spectators alike! For all of our NCAA competitions, in Toledo and Birmingham, kids under two years of age get in free, so bring the whole family!
- Help us bring the energy for each NCAA competition. From t-shirt tosses, to dance parties and even a special appearance from UCLA national champion Christine Peng Peng Lee, I promise you will not want to miss a night at Elevate th Stage!
Toledo | February 22-23 | Huntington Center (7:00 PM)
- Friday, February 22: Michigan State University, Penn State University, University of Maryland, University of Nebraska and University of Iowa. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Saturday, February 23: University of Minnesota, Rutgers University, University of Illinois, Ohio State University and University of Michigan. Tickets can be purchased here.
Birmingham | March 8-9 | Legacy Arena, BJCC (7:00 PM)
- Friday, March 8: University of Arkansas, Michigan State University, University of Minnesota and University of Georgia. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Saturday, March 9: University of Alabama and Auburn University. Tickets can be purchased here.
See you there!